February can be cruel. It can give us a glimpse of spring before reminding us that the cold and snow are still making their presence known. It’s the waiting month for me. If you hibernate, like I do, in February, reading becomes an essential means of coping.
The February issue of St. Anthony Messenger is a good companion for the colder months.
In this issue you’ll find:
- Jeannette Cooperman’s cover article on how St. Cecilia Parish’s annual fish fry brings the multicultural community in St. Louis closer together.
- Elizabeth Bookser Barkley’s article “From Widow’s Grief to New Life,” in which she compares her widow’s journey to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton’s.
- “I Have Called You,” by Kristina M. Santos, about finding peace at Mass.
- A profile on Ron Hansen, the Catholic author of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
- And a how-to on cleaning our spritual closets by Jeanne Hunt.
The editors of St. Anthony Messenger wish you a happy and healthy Lenten season!
To subscribe this award-winning magazine, click here.