I love the quiet of January. The food coma is starting to wear off, the hustle and bustle of the holidays are over, the “dead months” are upon us. It’s my favorite reading month.
If you’re looking for a spot of inspiration, why not curl up with the January issue of St. Anthony Messenger? In this issue you’ll find:
- John R. Barker’s article, “Jesus’ Mighty Deeds,” about the deeper meaning behind Jesus’ miracles.
- Pat McCloskey’s, “Pilgrims of Truth, Pilgrims of Peace,” about the gathering in Assisi last October for interfaith leaders.
- James Breig’s “A Rock Critic Talks Faith,” about Rob Sheffield, longtime Catholic and music Journalist for Rolling Stone magazine.
- Richard J. McCorry’s “Welcoming the Stranger,” which outlines how parishes can cultivate an environment of hospitality.
- Tina Neyer’s “Angel of the Amazon,” a profile of the new American opera about Sister Dorothy Stang.
- Dorothy Callahan’s “Comfort and Care at Life’s End,” about the Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice.
- Charity Vogel’s reflective “Meditations on a Wood Floor.”
Also, in January, Sister Karen Zielinski returns with a monthly column devoted to wellness called “You & Your Health.”
The editors of St. Anthony Messenger wish you a happy and healthy 2012!
To subscribe this award-winning magazine, click here.
Featured image: Maggie Smith/freedigitalphotos.net