It’s probably far too easy to misplace your December issue of St. Anthony Messenger amidst the pile of junk mail, wrapping paper and endless door store ads. But the editors hope that our readers can take a quiet moment to read this issue. We feel December’s edition offers a sort of holiday buffet for everybody.
In this issue of St. Anthony Messenger, you’ll find:
- Editor-in-Chief John Feister interviews Touched by an Angel star Roma Downey about her new project, Little Angels, about cartoon characters who use Bible stories to teach children.
- Photographer David Maung and writer Chris Heffron present the photo story “Los Posadas,” about a much-loved holiday tradition held throughout Mexico and Guatemala.
- Marianne C. Sailus’ article “When East Meets West,” which addresses the Ukrainian Catholic Church.
- An excerpt from Kathleen M. Carroll’s book A Catholic Christmas.
- Marylynn Hewitt’s profile of Brother Al Mascia and the Canticle Café mobile unit in Detroit.
- Senior Editor Jack Wintz, OFM, editorializes about how the trials of the Holy Family still echo today.
The editors are proud of our December issue and we feel it is a useful companion as you journey through this holy season.
To subscribe this award-winning magazine, go here.
Featured image: Salvatore Vuono